CVDA just wrapped up another successful weekend of The Nutcracker performances. If you were fortunate enough to attend the show, you know our dancers did a phenomenal job. We are thrilled to have raised $20,000 for our favorite local charities: Love Inc., Faith in Action, A Family Place, and Newberg FISH. A huge thank you to the dancers, families, audience members and our loyal sponsors http://www.newbergnutcracker.com/sponsors.html who help make this possible.
With The Nutcracker 2017 behind us, that means the holidays are around the corner. CVDA will be closed for winter break, Dec. 18, 2017 – Jan. 1, 2018. Before we say “see you next year” allow us to provide some gift ideas for your favorite dancer:
- Turnboard https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003YCO7IW/ref=as_at?creativeASIN=B003YCO7IW&linkCode=w61&imprToken=w59Y0uXnGw0rhXwYilYNDw&slotNum=14&tag=giftcanyon-20 The Turnboard is a wonderful tool to help dancers improve posture, balance, dexterity, and of course, turns!
- Resistance bands https://www.walmart.com/c/kp/resistance-bands These bands help develop flexibility and strength when paired with stretching exercises. (available in All Star Dance + Athletic Wear too!)
- Personalized water bottle https://www.amazon.com/Personalized-bottle-Gymnast-Dancer-colored/dp/B0745Z1DP1/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1512943347&sr=8-9&keywords=dancer+gifts Every dancer needs a new (or back up) water bottle – this one is notable for its dance graphic and customizable with your dancer’s name.
- Keep Calm and Dance On compact mirror https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PCQDY4G/ref=as_at?creativeASIN=B00PCQDY4G&linkCode=w61&imprToken=w59Y0uXnGw0rhXwYilYNDw&slotNum=25&tag=giftcanyon-20 This inspiring and convenient compact is sure to come in handy, especially at dance competitions and performances where mirror space is limited.
- New dance clothes or shoes at All Star Dancewear. http://www.allstardancewear.com Now is a great time to replenish worn out dance items. Check out our website for specials and hours. Also, mention this post for a 15% discount on your purchase. Expires 12/23/17.
Here are some stocking stuffer ideas to stock that dance bag, just in time for competition season:
- hair ties
- Bobby pins
- Tiger Balm (a dancer favorite for sore muscles) http://www.tigerbalm.com/us
- protein bars
- hair spray
- extra tights
- nail polish remover
- cozy blanket
From our family to yours, Merry Christmas! We wish you a peaceful and joyful holiday season.